Welcome to our Xmas Kennels
We're delighted to be offering kennel accommodation in our beautiful garden this Christmas over the busy holiday period. And best of all, your dog will be cage-free all day while they stay with us - outside and enjoying the sunny weather just like you.
We'll be open from 22 December 2017 to 7 January 2018. If your holiday is outside of these dates we'll be able to help with alternative accommodation for your dog, such as:
- homestay accommodation (we'll take care of logistics)
- free delivery to any Lower Hutt kennels or Harkleah Meadows in Levin (they have a drop off service back to Welli, or you can pick up your dog on your way back home), or delivery to any other kennels for $20.
Staying at The Dog Garden
Prices, bookings & pickup / drop off times
Food & medication
Health, behaviour & breeds
For the health & safety of all the dogs at The Dog Garden and our staff, and to meet council regulations, there are a few restrictions around health, behaviour and breeds.
Before coming to The Dog Garden your dog must be fully vaccinated (we'll need to see a copy of the vaccination book), flea treated and wormed (you should worm your dog every 2 months if they attend daycare). Ideally they should also be registered and speyed / neutered. Un-speyed females can not attend while on heat. Complete males can attend as pups, but from 9 months or older will need to be neutered.
Your dog will need to be social with other dogs and people. Please let us know if your dog is nervous or hasn't had a lot of exposure to other dogs.
If you dog doesn't usually come to us for daycare, it's a good idea to book them in for a few sessions before their holiday - they'll settle much better with us if they're coming to stay in a familiar environment.
Breed restrictions - always a tricky one! As a general guideline, our policy is that if you can take your dog to a family BBQ then we're happy for them to come to us. Breeds such as pitbulls, staffies and rotweillers or any fighting breeds are unfortunately not suited to The Dog Garden day care environment, as are dogs who bark persistently, are aggressive or dominant, or easily agitated.
We promote safe, social play, and our selection process ensures that all the dogs that come to The Dog Garden will enjoy their time with us.
The Dog Garden is not set on an enormous site and is geared towards smaller dogs under 20kgs.
What to bring
- A lockable crate big enough for sleeping overnight
- Comfy bedding to remind your dog of home (something easy to wash please)
- Collar with a name tag
- Vaccination book showing that vaccinations are current
- Two ice-cream containers with lids
- Enough food for your dog's stay - in a lockable plastic box
- Any medication, clearly labelled with your dogs name and instructions for administration